A leading Ted Talk speaker shares the secrets to being a better communicator in this accessible and informative guide.
Have you ever felt like you’re talking, but nobody is listening? Renowned five-time TED Talk speaker and author Julian Treasure reveals how to speak so that people listen—and how to listen so that people feel heard. As this leading sound expert demonstrates via interviews with world-class speakers, professional performers, and CEOs at the top of their field, the secret lies in developing simple habits that can transform your communication skills, the quality of your relationships, and your impact in the world.
How to be Heard includes never-before-seen exercises to help you develop communication skills that are as effective at home as in the boardroom or conference call. Julian Treasure offers an inspiring vision for a world of effective speaking, listening, and understanding.
Secrets of communication skills and tips discussed in How to be Heard include:
· How to make sound work for you
· Why listening matters
· The four cornerstones of powerful speaking and listening
· How to avoid the seven deadly sins of speaking and listening
· How to listen and why we don’t
· The power of your vocal toolbox and tricks of great speakers
· Exercises and methods to achieve clarity, precision and impact
· How to deliver a great talk
HuffPost 20 Best Business Books of 2017
2019 Audie Award Winner for Best Audio Book in Business and Personal Development
Winner of the Best Voiceover-Audiobook Narration at the 2018 Voice Arts Awards
Perfect for readers of Talk Like TED, Simply Said, Just Listen, or How to Win Friends and Influence People