Escape the frenetic modern world and embark on a journey of a lifetime.
Ever dreamed of walking the Camino de Santiago, driving Route 66 or riding the Trans-Siberian Railway? It may sound clichéd, but sometimes it really is all about the journey, rather than the destination and what better way to see the world than by moving through it.
If setting out on an adventure is on your bucket list, but you don't know where to start, Unforgettable Journeys will have you lacing up your hiking boots, hitting the road or taking to the high seas. Encompassing everywhere from Antarctica to Zambia, over 200 hikes, drives, cycling trails, train routes and boat trips are brought to life with inspiring narrative, sumptuous photography and illustrative maps. We even suggest alternative routes, so it's easy to plan your next trip.
Make your next trip magical as you explore:
- Over 200 journeys illustrated with inspiring photography and maps
- Experiential text to transport the reader there; descriptive, narrative and full of story
- Practical information (duration, difficulty, start and end point, options to take an organized tour - if available - or go it alone).
- Sustainable and slow travel options have been covered where possible
- Feature boxes give the routes context
- Alternative ways to make the same journey and similar trips are pulled out
Organized by type of trip - cruises, road trips, train rides, and journeys by two feet and two wheels, each chapter follows the same geographical order with chapter maps showing every country covered. Each section covers a different way to travel the world and is broken down by continent.
Whether you want to explore the Atlas Mountains or Torres del Paine on foot; drive the Pan American Highway or cross the Australian Outback; cycle from the top to the bottom of Africa or enjoy a leisurely ride across The Netherlands' bulb fields; go interrailing around Europe or board the Orient Express; island hop in Greece or the Philippines: these journeys will stay with you forever!