Whether you want to soak in a hot spring, experience Reykjavik nightlife, or hike glaciers, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Iceland are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Iceland 1st edition guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This BRAND-NEW Iceland guide has been designed with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
● AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
● PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on the best waterfalls, craft beer, and museums
● COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
● UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, and more
● ILLUSTRATED FEATURES on Iceland’s musicians past and present, as well as Icelandic mythology
● MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
● SPECIAL FEATURES on how to save money in this expensive country, and guides to the country’s fascinating wildlife and geology.
● BEST ROAD TRIPS in Iceland has an entire chapter dedicated to it
● COVERS: Reykjavik, the Highlands, the Blue Lagoon, the East and West Fjords, the Golden Circle, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Snæfellsjökull National Park, and more
● MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP to navigate confidently
● TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
● HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, mythology, and more
● LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
● ICELANDIC LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
Planning on visiting other Nordic destinations? Check out Fodor’s Essential Norway and Fodor’s Essential Scandinavia.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images and the pull out map included in the physical edition.